Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!

So this weekend we went to Texas because.... it was my dad's 60th birthday!


and we celebrated with a surprise party!

It was so fun, I'm so glad that I got to go home and be with my family this weekend.  It was kind of last minute that we were able to go, just a couple of weeks beforehand, and I was so excited each day leading up to our flight home.
All of that anxiety about possibly moving back to Texas was gone... it felt so. good. to be home.

I love getting to the airport borderline crazy early, so Joey and I went right after work for our evening flight. We always eat at Legal Seafood. I think it makes being there 2 hours early less painful for my more easygoing husband.



Then we were off! We got into Texas late on Friday, close to midnight. And it was great to wake up in my room.

We told my dad that we were going out to a nice dinner, just my sister - Laney, Joey, my mom and I. Then we proceeded to run around like crazy on Saturday to get everything together.
First stop - some delicious chicken nourishment at my favorite chicken establishment!




And then we got everything and set up the house.






Joey and Mr. Maul and Mr. Brown took my dad out for some drinks while we set up and everyone arrived.

And then he was surprised!


It was so fun - so many people came to celebrate my dad, because he's wonderful!



It was fiesta themed! Don't mind my spastic arm below.

John loves a good fiesta!


My dad and Mr. Kelly, one of the best sports of all time. I think he's one of the nicest people I know.

There were a ton of people, but I'm only showing family friends I've known forever, because I didn't ask everyone if I could use their pictures on my blog.


These two probably won't mind!






Doug and my mom.
Doug is so terrific. He was there early helping us set up and he was cleaning up all throughout the night. Once my parents went out of town and he stayed with us and made Elaine and I these delicious gourmet dinners when we were younger. His food is amazing, I don't know how he does it. Besides the fact he's otherwise totally amazing.

Some of my parents other great friends, the Gandalfos. I loved seeing them too! They're so wonderful.

This is one of my favorite people ever, Mrs. Brown, mom to one of the best people ever, Miss Emily Brown... who I miss a LOT! Love you Em!

Emily and I said all through high school, if our dads ever met, they would be best friends. And for some reason they didn't really meet and get to talk until our junior year, and well, we were right.


Mr. Brown, my dad, and Mr. Maul.
They sort of have a club not unlike the Three Muskateers, and always hang out together and talk about records and music and I'm not really sure... other manly things. They're really the most wonderful people.
Mr. Maul came over when my dad was taking our engagement pictures and held up all kinds of foil things to help us get good light. And well, there are so many times Mr. Brown has done something nice for me, I can't even begin to start. One time he drove me to like, Lancaster or something to a Circuit City because I insisted I wanted a small white TV with a built-in VCR that I could watch in our minivan on our drive to Connecticut.  And of course, he's so hysterical, that after spending time with Em and her fam my stomach would be sore from laughing so hard.

I love the Browns - I'm so glad they were able to be there.

The next morning my dad opened his presents early before Laner had to head back to DC.




It was such a wonderful weekend. After we dropped off Laney we made some blueberry muffins and then it was time for us to head back. Somehow I booked us on different flights on the way back to Boston, but since we got to the airport obscenely early I was able to get on Joey's flight. (See, not always so crazy.) And then we were back to our Northeast home.

It was so good to see you Mom and Dad! I miss you so much already and I love you tons.
And Happy Happy Happy Birthday Dad! I'm so lucky to be your daughter. I can't wait to see you again soon.






















4 comments:

  1. Happy 60th Mr. Leddy!!! (Lizzie, you're so cute, and looking stunning as ever)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Loved seeing the pics and reading about the party--wish I could have been there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so fantastic!! love seeing all the pics and how excited your dad was!! what an awesome weekend! and fun to be able to ease your fears about the big D. (or texas. all big.) and congrats on not caring about the rejection letter that much!! woo hoo!! who needs 'em (the school that missed out). psh. hope you are still doing well and get into the perfect school for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmy I miss you like crazy! I hope you're doing well. And thanks Care-bear! And thanks to you too Kristen for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete