Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Tidbits

This weekend we continued our tradition of going to super nice restuarants straight from work, sitting at the bar, drinking, then ordering food almost as an afterthought. That's us, keeping it classy.


Friday we went to Craigie's on Main... you may remember that we tried to go there the weekend before, but it was too crowded. Well, as we are Gentiles, and this last Friday Yom Kippur began at sundown, we had no problem finding a seat this time.
I didn't take any pictures because well, it didn't take long for me to forget we'd brought the camera. Whoops. I swear, I don't really get that toasted on Friday evenings, its just I have one drink and get to talking, and I forget about the blog a little bit. This week our deep convo was:
Me: "If we don't have kids we could like, buy more stuff."
Joey: "Yes, that's true, but Elizabeth, children are our legacy. If we don't have kids, then when we die, that's it."
[I pause to consider how much I could consider my sister's future children as a continuation of my own genes.]
Me: "Yeah, OK."
So, I guess we will have children someday. And no, not just for our legacy, because I will actually like, love them and take care of them, etc.
ANYway, we ordered burgers, which you can only get on the bar menu, and they were awesome. They were also huge. This inevitably leads to me not being able to eat the whole thing, yet at the same time, eating more than I should. Then the waitress (or bartender, as of late,) comes to clear our plates and its like, "didn't you like it?!", and I'm like, "Oh it was delicious, I just can't eat so much." And she's like, "are you sure, you barely touched it." and I have to be defensive and like, "no I DID, it was HUGE." Then I throw in an extra "it was soooo gooood." So then I feel bad because I ate too much, but then I've insulted the waitstaff by not eating more. I mean really, I feel like saying "don't you see how big these things are? you serve them every five minutes." Half of the burger is probably enough for two people. Isn't eating half enough? Someday, I'm going to have a really good comeback to nip this annoying dialogue in the bud.
Saturday I did the laundry of course, and sort of half heartedly cleaned out house. I was cleaning our bathroom and forgot to shut the shower doors and maybe Leon drank some bathwater with Scrubbing Bubbles in it, but he seems alright. Then Saturday night we went to Tangierino in Charlestown.


Joey somehow used his supernatural parallel parking abilities to get our car into a spot right in front too. Again, none of our own pictures, I know, lame.


Its very cozy and romantic on the inside, so that was a bonus. The food was pretty good too. Joey had a lamb dish that I think had the word Sultan in it - fancy! And I had the vegetable couscous. I always love a good vegetable medley.  I sort of expected some belly dancing, especially since I saw the dancer walking around... but she didn't dance. Maybe she did after we left. And well, also, not to be a Debbie Downer, but there was a picture of a woman wearing a burka over our table, like, not the fun belly dancing veil, and well, I suppose I just find that depressing... yeah- that does sound Debbie Downer-ish.  Well, I'll go ahead and maintain it isn't my fault some countries haven't made it into the new millenium. Anyway, it was fun and romantic. And it was good to go to Charlestown... we never go over there. And, I can't wait to see the movie.

Sunday Joey watched the Cowboy game and I went to a bridal shower for our friend, and Joey's former co-resident, Helen. It was good to meet her friends, one of whom is a pediatric dentist and really nice. She answered some of my questions about the application process. Then I as luck would have it I won a game - that you don't even really have to "play." A timer went off as Helen opened my gift and I won a fall scented candle! I was so happy, and also thankful to Crate and Barrel for using all that tape on the box. I'm definitely repeating that game in the future if I throw another shower. Then we got parting cupcakes and candy. All in all a good time.

I hope you all had a great weekend too, and good Mondays to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment