Monday, May 31, 2010

Best Weekend



This is just what we needed.


We spent the weekend at our house, alternating between watching movies and swimming/laying out at the pool.
We were going to go someplace, but well, because of a certain history with our automobile we didn't want to go beyond a 100 mile radius. Besides, I didn't think there would be a place to go that would top a lazy pool time weekend. And I'm not afraid to say it: I was right.
Have I mentioned before how much I love this apartment? and how much I love our landlords who let us live here at a rent we could afford?
Everyone at our building loves the pool. I especially love all of the older people who live here who like to use the lap lanes and wear bathing caps. (I took the picture above at 9am this morning and there was already a lady swimming in the lap lane.)
  Some of the older folks don't swim but they'll walk around and look at the plants. I love this place.
When we moved up here from Texas I didn't understand why people here would take so much time off of work in the summertime, but now I do. Once you make it through the winter weather and the winter moods you have to enjoy yourself.  Which makes everyone's happiness at the pool even better.
I hope you all had a great Memorial Day Weekend too. Thank you troops.

1 comment: