Sunday, May 23, 2010

Material Girl

I presently struggle with materialism. I don't know if I'll ever outgrow it. I really want these, but they're obscenely expensive. They're so good though.
And we're supposed to be "saving money" and "paying off our credit card debt." Bo-ring!
Well, if I did get them they'd probably just sit in their box like all of my high heeled-ish shoes do, I only ever wear flats anyway. But if I got these maybe that would change.
Shut-up selfish voice!
Alright, maybe that's too much insight for others into my inner dialogue. And it isn't nice to say shut-up. I don't want to want these, I can't help that I have exquisite taste.
So I will NOT get these because I don't want my husband to be disappointed in me. Even though he would never say it. It would be a jerk move to buy these when we don't have a lot of money right now. We're fine, don't get me wrong, but like, who buys $300 shoes? I'm not Carrie Bradshaw.
Maybe I'll just go see SATC2 and live vicariously through the lives of ficticious characters. That'll be close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment