Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Window Friend

Did you ever watch Anne of Green Gables? Do you remember Anne's window friend, Katie? I loved Anne, she was so brave and smart. Ah, I digress.
Well, last night I was, as per usual, taking pictures of my cat in the hopes that I could get the perfect pose so that I might realize a particular ambition I have for him, but Leon was customarily non-compliant. Sometimes he'll look if I make a kissy noise, but after lots of high pitched "LEONs" and kissy noises, he wouldn't avert his gaze. He couldn't  'focus' if you will. (ha!) I got a lot of this:



(Nevermind that it looks dark outside and that it wouldn't have looked like the picture anyway, its the flash.)

So ANYway, I took a little look to see what could possibly be the distraction. Or should I say who.



It was his window friend Becky!  He loves her. He used to sit and wait in our window seat so he could look at her. She's belongs to our next door neighbor (and fellow Welles alum) and whenever we chat with Sue in the hall Leon loves to run into her apartment to say what's up to his little tuxedo friend.

Anyway, that's all that's going down in our house so far this week.


2 comments:

  1. hahahaha! That may be one of the cutest things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! It's so funny to think of the lives of our cats when we're not around. I used to think that Karen just o pined for me in the window all day before I came home every night, however, this is not the case. Apparently she has a parade of children and other animals that rush to see her everyday! She even sat in the window when I came home midday. The lives they lead when we're not around--pretty fantastic.

    ReplyDelete