Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bright Sunshiney Sunday

Today we went to the North End and had a basically had a great day.

We rode the T down to Government Center and walked through Quincy Market. There was a lot going on.

Like, the British were back, and so on and so forth - that's how nice the weather was.




Isn't this a nice building to be dedicated solely to traffic tunnel administration?
They must have a lot of people working on this. That's good.


We went here for lunch:

I thought I would never be the kind of person that took pictures of food. But you know what they say about saying never.
I had the Maine Lobster Salad. It had blue cheese and russian dressing. It was the best salad I've ever had.


That's a glass of Prosecco. We drink at lunch at our house, or in this case, while out of the house.

Joey had the Maine Lobster Roll - hot and buttered, which is the best way.





I loved it.

Then we got some coffee and cannolis and went to this park that had neat fountains. There were some adorable dogs and everyone was enjoying the day.




Don't mind that billboard condemning Ahmadinejad in the background, I'm not trying to make this political.



Afterwards we went for a stroll through town.


And stumbled upon the burial ground of American hero, Paul Revere. How appropos what with the sighting of the Redcoats before lunch.


Rest in peace, my brother in dentistry.


I think old cemeteries are really interesting. All of these headstones were crafted by the same man. They had a lot of skulls and skeletons on them... I thought it would be weird/disrespectful to take pictures of the individual people that weren't famous...don't want to go paparazzo on the people of revolutionary times. Since Paul Revere is famous I feel OK about it, like its OK to see pictures of Britney on Perez.
I also like this tree of life in the cemetery.


We walked through the Public Gardens and Boston Common before heading home.




It was a great day in the sunshine with my sunshine. Hope you all had a great weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment