Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend Tidbits

This weekend we did a little of this and a little of that.
As usual Joseph had to work on Saturday, blessing people right and left with his periodontal skills. We had maybe our last happy hour with our friend Guillaume on Friday, which is so sad that I can't really think about it. He's graduating from the perio program and moving back to France in just a few weeks.



Joey and I will miss going to the Squealing Pig with G every week. This is what its all about for us. Its nothing fancy -  beers and mediocre food... but talking about everything big and small at this place was sometimes what propelled all three of us through tough weeks.






Joey and I will miss you Guillaume. But you're not gone yet - so back to denial that you're leaving until after you actually leave the country. That's the best way to handle such things, I say!

Saturday night we met Guillaume and our friends Helen and Chris in Back Bay for dinner.




Then afterwards Joey and I headed to the South End for a bit o jazz at Wally's.
On the way we passed this psychic's office. (Is that what they're called, offices? I'm not sure.) Anywho, what a pretty window.



Then Joey was like, "Elizabeth, seriously with the pictures - we'll never get there." Or something like that, I don't know, I'm paraphrasing.



What can I say, I am my father's daughter. So as I was literally running after Joey after some major dawdling and taking pictures in the dark, we ran into Joey's co-resident, Phil, (with the glasses and Patrick Dempsey hair on the left below) who lives in the South End. What are the odds? I don't know who the guy is on the right... he told me his name but I was caught up in the embarrassment of getting caught literally running like a child down the street so I totally didn't listen to him introduce himself, as I was focused totally on me.



So after a little chit chat with these fellows we continued to Wally's. There's never a cover. Holla!



It was awesome. I didn't take any pictures inside because I was trying to play it cool and fit in with the cats.

This morning we went to Scrub a Dub to clean our whip.



I did not know that bringing Joey along for this car wash errand would mean we wouldn't pay the people to vacuum the inside. Sigh. Here we are with the quarter vacuum machine.



Why do men like this vacuum thing? I don't understand.  Oh well, the car is clean, or at least clean-er. At this point when people get in I can feign an "excuse the mess" at the minor level of grunge that still remains... and pretend that's the dirtiest our car gets. Next week I'll take her back to (have the carwash guys ) finish it up. Mercifully we only had enough quarters for one round of the vacuum this trip.


I tried to get a picture of Leon by his portrait in the same pose, but he consistently refuses. Someday I will make this happen.



Its been a really relaxing weekend, so I'm glad about that. I hope you all had a great weekend too.
 Also, a quick birthday shoutout to my pal Ali. I miss you lady and I hope your day was great, it was wonderful to talk to you today, big big hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment