Monday, April 19, 2010

Ba-lay

This weekend we went to the ballet. The pros pronounce it as written above... so I've spelled it out as phonetically as I know how just in case you want to say it like you're 'in the know.'
We saw Coppelia, at the Boston Ballet, and I loved it. I love beautiful things, and the stage, the dancers, the dance, everything was amazing. When I was younger I wanted to be a ballerina... but I wasn't that great at dance... despite lots of practice and numerous performances for my parents' unsuspecting guests at their parties. (Whew, looking back, that's pretty embarrassing.)
I can't wait to see The Ultimate Balanchine in May.

Afterwards we had dinner at Teatro just around the corner from the ballet theater. It was pretty easy to get a table (of course it was raining and miserable and the ballet didn't get out until 10-10:30p, but still,) and the food was pretty good, prices surprisingly reasonable.
I love a fun night out, especially a surprise like this one, since I didn't know until Joey came home from work Saturday afternoon. Thanks babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment