1. Get there early so that you have enough time to find AND pay for parking.
Its your great Amercian privilege!
2. Make sure you wear an outfit that says "I'd be best selected for a one day trial in which I would be named Madame Foreperson, and would henceforce proclaim: 'we the jury, find you GUILTY!'"
3. When you get to the room where the jury waits, remember, chair selection is critical. You will be sitting next to these people all day.
4. If someone annoying or weird sits next to you, ie, someone who is playing heavy metal with some handheld audio device without headphones, drive them away with a crunchy snack, such as Cheetos.
Which brings me to my next point.
5. It is best advised to bring healthy snacks to enjoy whilst you wait.
6. However, if you plow through those, make sure you have ample change for the everready vending machine.
7. Bring reading materials, put the impressive ones on top of the stack so that you look smart. Note: bring a Bible if you're worried about getting selected.
And there you have it!
I was nearly selected, but asked to be excused because it was a longer trial, and if I don't go to work I don't get paid... and nothing forms a bias like sitting in a jury box missing my paying workday because Muffy and Buffy from Expensivetown, MA are suing a luxury manufacturer for their luxury piece of crap that they don't like as much as they'd hoped. Thankfully the judge excused me and thanked me for my service. You're welcome Massachusetts!
And may your jury duty be as blessed as mine.