Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bits of our weekend

We had a great weekend, and I think I'm finally coming out of my funk.

Friday night Joey picked me up from work and we went to Drink in South Boston.



The drinks were good, as usual, and even though they almost forgot my fries, I forgave them. Then when we left there was a line outside which made us feel important for being at such a cool place. Bigger plus that I didn't fall down any steps after leaving this time.

Saturday I picked up Joey from work and we went to Big Papi's Grille in Framingham. It used to be a place called Desmond O'Malleys, an Irish pub, where I worked in college. I love getting nostalgic... and well, it wasn't even disppointing that it wasn't good, because D. O's wasn't either. Just like old times.



I wanted to see the King's Speech, because I thought we could use a little inspiration in the Laborde house. It was alright. I did love how much the Duchess of York loved her husband in her restrained British way.  I'd like to think that I'm like that... but I'm not. I'm more of a yeller and a complainer... in like a "YOU'RE TAKING UP THE WHOLE COUCH!" kind of way while making Joey watch the Young and the Restless on Tivo. But maybe if people called me "Your Royal Highness," things would be different.


Sunday we did little things around the house, and went to dinner at Orinoco sort of last minute. Sometimes we go there and its so terrific, and sometimes less so. Its pretty reasonably priced, relatively healthy, and right by our house, so we gave it another go... and it was reallllly good. I'm so glad we went. If we don't get out of the house we get cabin fever and whoa, welcome to crankytown. (See above's reference to my territorial-ness over the couch.)
Joey always gets this salad, and it is good.


The inside has this cute, really big table that I always hope they won't ask us to sit at with strangers. Because hello, no thank you.

But I really like the teal.

Anyway, yesterday we took a day trip up to Mount Sunapee to ski. I loved it. To be honest, I thought it was going to be a really small mountain compared some of the ones I've skied in Colorado. I mean please, I'm used to skiing out West. I've been to Colorado like, FOUR times, obviously I have hard-to-please, high expectations. Anyway, I loved Sunapee. The runs were so beautiful. It felt great to be outside in fresh air and moving these bones.










It was really super fun. Super freezing, but super fun. And yes, we have new ski helmets! That's right, watch our world, I'm fearless now.  K, totally not true. I'm still a timid skiier and I get scared everytime I hear people coming up behind me to pass, which is a lot, but oh well. Next time we go on a longer trip I'm going to go to ski school again, and I'm looking forward to getting better each time. Someday I'm going to beat those 3-year-olds to the bottom.

All in all I had a great long weekend with my Joe Joe. I hope everyone else had a good President's Day too.


Photo credit 1, 2, 3, 4

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and wanted to say hello and became a follower! I love Boston and have family in Swampscott! :)

    ReplyDelete