Monday, March 15, 2010

Where are you, sunshine?

This weekend it rained and rained and rained and rained. It is still raining. This of course, makes daylight savings harder to appreciate.  In any event, this past weekend, as in most cases - we narrowed down possible festivity to places to which we could drive and park easily, no small task in this small city. So, once again, we went to the suburbs. (my favorite!) I like to pretend this is always an accident or a circumstance of the weather, but mostly its a ploy to go to a certain Italian chain restaurant.
We wanted to see Shutter Island, and well, gosh darn-it if the movie theater closest to us has pain in the butt parking! And the one that's only half-way to the 'burbs, well, that dang-gum showtime was not ideal. Guess we'll have to drive out to Framingham!
Thusly, we went to the theater in Framingham, Massachusetts, and glory be - what restaurant shines from beneath the storm but the one that grows olives in a garden enriched with delicious salad dressing. 

And it was fantastic. Joey was somewhat sad about the dining venue, although he hid it pretty well.  The place was packed, so naturally we sat in the bar area. We had salad and soup and breadsticks, the trifecta of perfection.  Every time I go there it takes me back to when my best friend in high school, Emily, and I would go there. Takes me back... in a good way.  Maybe I'm feeling a little homesick lately, and nostalgic for my friends. I hope Emmy has an Olive Garden where she is. Miss you Em!

Then we saw Shutter Island, and it was pretty good. I love seeing a movie with the hubs. I especially like when the movies are set in/around Boston because it makes me feel like I have the inside information on the local references, even though I think most people could get them.  If Shutter Island really existed I would totally go there... I don't even know if these "harbor islands" that its supposed to be set in really exist, I'll have to investigate this further.

  Next weekend we're getting out of town and headed to Marblehead to a cute little inn, I'm excited.  I hope that you all have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Such delicious salad dressing. How do they do it? I'mma need an olive garden fixin soooooon.

    ReplyDelete