Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Totally inspirational 80's workout music


So here's what it looks like when I try to do ab ripper x in my living room. Joining me is my cat, Leon, with his x-treme eyes. He's on Joey's mat whilst playing with a twist tie, his most favorite plaything. He's such a good workout pal. Not really, he's distracting and comes up to me and gets in my way, but then I can blame him for my shortcomings as I struggle through the video, so it works out for the best.
Right now doing P90X basically takes up every single weeknight... which doesn't so much cramp my style (as it does my muscles, ha!) since I don't do much on worknights anyhow. Please don't mind the cluttered coffee table in the foreground.
Joey and I get through ab ripper by listening to an inspired mix of mostly songs from the various Rocky movies. Yep, that's right.
I thought I would share our inspired mix with anyone who needs a little pick me up, whether it be your ride to work or maybe you too, need a little motivation for exercising. This is just in case anyone reads this besides my mom and grandma. And Mom and Grandma, you might like this too!

It is as follows:
1. Going the Distance - Bill Conti
2. Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti
3. Hearts On Fire - John Cafferty
4. The Final Countdown - Europe
5. Eye of the Tiger (of course)- Survivor

If we could we would have "You're the Best" by Joe "Bean" Esposito as seen in the inspiring Karate Kid, perhaps in place of #3, but well, you have to buy this whole album of inspiring songs on iTunes and I don't know if its worth it, I'm still thinking it over.  I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Omg you crack me up to no end. Looking good, Liz, looking good! XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete