Monday, October 4, 2010

Maid service

Today I could eat a tub of Cool Whip topped with some Reddi Whip from the can for lunch. De-lish-ous!

How was everyone's weekend? I don't have many pictures from mine, which is fine, because I don't know if you'd be interested in my 6 hour class on dental office design followed up with a Sunday full of cleaning my apartment and doing laundry.  Yesterday I was cleaning my bathtub (with my favorite combo: scrubbing bubbles + mr. clean magic eraser,) I was wondering how people with actual houses and children and multiple pets can keep their house clean. I mean, how?! My apartment is only around 800 sq feet and I feel like I never get it all the way clean. I always leave out the bathroom or kitchen or don't get around to dusting.

So then I as I was contemplating this, I dreamed a magical dream of having someone, or better yet, a team of people come in and clean my house from top to bottom, do our laundry, bring me cute clothes to wear to work, cut and style my hair and give me a mani/pedi.  And you know what? I wouldn't even feel bad about it. I would feel GOOD about it, like I deserved it, even.

Alright, this has become a runaway train.  I don't know how people with so much responsibility do it... like my mom, whose house is 5x bigger than my apartment and her day is twice as long as mine.
But anyway, its just going to have to be a question for the ages... because if I find out then I'm going to have to probably try harder to get everything done and I like my level of effort these days.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Its so strange, I had the strangest desire to have a maid service come in and just 'organize' me. Then I just started putting everything in bags. The Goodwill was happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. guys, i may be your long lost sister. i laid on the floor and told jeff today that i give up. i can not keep the house clean. end of story. (i didnt even know you were supposed to clean a shower!! i am sooo not ready for this whole house to clean stuff. i mean, its clean because all you use in there is soap right?) anyway, i def think a service is required when you have more than one thing to do and that one thing being cleaning your house/apartment. its just too much. and you are like a dentist! thats a real job. i dont know what i would do if i had a job. i would really never clean more than i dont now. and im at home! i have no excuse. anyway.
    and thanks for telling people to read our blog and that you like us. we like you too. and think youre gorgeous. and funny. and super smart. i hope you get into the residency you want and that its in texas and maybe we can hang out all together and emily. and would be a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea Laner, and thanks Kristen! and Kristen, you have three children, if that isn't work I don't know what is!

    ReplyDelete