Friday, May 13, 2011

The days are long and the years are short...

or something like that. I'm not entirely sure what I mean, I stole that line out of Tina Fey's new book*. Becky lent it to me and its hilarious.  Plus I love reading again, it makes me feel smart.


Becky also showed me this video. How am I going to live without Becky?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is... this move has really crept up on me. How are all of our weekends taken until we move to Texas? How do I only have one full week of work left?**

This blog was supposed to be about our lives in Boston, restaurants and whatever else it is we think we do.. it ended up being largely about my cat and complaining about work. I don't really know where I'm going with this... my thought or this blog. I might change the name and continue it in Texas... I don't know. Would you (20ish people that include myself and my mom) still read?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm going to miss our life here. I love that Joey and I moved here on our own after we graduated from dental school and got married. It was a great adventure together, just us two. I've been able to work with wonderful people who I'm proud to call my friends, and I've had the best mentors.  I'm so excited for the next step, I can't WAIT to start my residency, its just that moving on is a little sad. Part of me feels like we just moved here, and the other part doesn't want to part with any taxable income in 2011.***

Tomorrow I'm going to start packing up... I don't know if I can be the one to put our furniture on Craigslist - it makes it too real.

*I also stole the idea for these starred remarks.
**Which might not be necessarily accurate because of this denture from hell that should have been completed 1 month ago but I might have to come back into work to finish after my last day.
*** Its TRUE, the real world does slowly turn you into a Republican.

1 comment:

  1. Please continue !!! I almost asked you about it at dinner last week!

    ReplyDelete